Saturday, June 04, 2011

Stage 21 -- Marazion to St. Ives

Walked along St. Michael's Way today -- a branch of the great tree-like Route of Saint James that runs all the way from the pilgrimage church of San Juan de Compostela in Northern Spain to, among many other places, Ireland.

Great weather once again, great breakfast, great views of both coasts (at the same time from the Iron Age fort on Trencrom hill). And again the hike was shorter than planned (I've got a bunch of athletes with me right now) -- just over 4 hours instead of 6, but St. Ives is a lovely place, so nobody complained about arriving early. In fact, if I think about it, no-one has complained on any of the days that were shorter than planned... it seems that only I find sub-5 hour hikes a little disappointing!

This was our coast to coast day -- an homage to our C2C hike of five years ago. Much easier, and much quicker this time. Russ and Sally have gone off to swim (in 12C water... brrrr). Thomas is doing laundry, Marcus and Rochelle are walking around town, and after finishing this, I think I'll take a nap. We have a free day tomorrow, so I'll see the town then.