Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Day 0 -- Arrival in Mousehole, Thu May 1st

Just a short note because (as planned) we didn't actually do any walking today. We are (almost) all in Mousehole at the delightful Old Coastguard Hotel (the exceptions being Franz and Ingrid, who are coming in on a ferry from the Scilly Isles about now). Eric & Claudia & Bonnie & Lidia & I all arrived on the same train to Penzance around 3PM, took taxis to the hotel, and found here Mel & Jan.

After a pot of tea we walked off to Mousehole harbor along the Coast Path (all of about 100m) and spent a couple of hours wandering through the streets and along the quays and getting to know one another. I have a couple of photos giving an impression of the village and the villagers' humor that I'll post after this.

Dinner is in 30 minutes, and I'll be expected to explain tomorrow's schedule (and no doubt to defend it against change requests ;-), so I'll sign off for now. Tomorrow we'll see two gardens, walk a few hours, and at the end of the afternoon arrive in Marazion opposite the beautiful and atmospheric Mount St. Michael!

Sent from my iPad