Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day 15 -- Mevagissey to Fowey -- Thu May 16th

Short take: a beautiful day... a sad day.

Cool, but sunny most of the day, and next to no wind. A roller-coaster walk along the coast, with only an hour or so in the middle of the day that was less than beautiful. In other words, a nearly perfect hiking day.

Unfortunately, I didn't hike :-(

I was defeated, for the first time in ten years of Swissikes (two, each 2 weeks long), C2C (2 weeks), H2H (91 hiking days), SWCP (4 weeks), H3H (26 hiking days), and now the first half of the CMT, I was unable to hike when others did. A fitting punishment for my stubborn refusal to take meds, perhaps.

As to the hike, you'll have to ask the others. I took a ferry (with Suzi, who kindly offered me company) from Mevagissey to Fowey, sat in a restaurant on the waterfront chatting and watching the world go by, and snoozed for an hour in the afternoon. It would have been a pleasant day... if I hadn't planned to hike.

:-(

Sent from my iPad