Monday, May 27, 2013

Day 26 -- Thelbridge Cross to Knowstone -- Mon May 27th

Short take: still tired, a short hike, and we beat the rain.

Not much to report today. Went down to breakfast about 9 (they started late on account of it being a bank holiday) and heard that the weather forecast was for rain starting mid-afternoon. Since the hike was supposed to be a short one (about 3.75 hours), we decided to set off after breakfast to try to beat the rain.

This we did, and were successful -- we arrived around 2 and the rain started at 3. Gathering clouds, cool, and a long stretch along a road were about all I retained from today's hike. I was still feeling tired from yesterday so I just put my head down and walked. The others talked some, but overall it seemed as if most were content just to walk. Perhaps we'll play some games in the afternoon before having dinner here at our B&B (another ancient farmhouse) and, no doubt, it will be an early bed time once again.

Sent from my iPad